Making the Most of Life Transitions
Linda’s Writing & Talks
Read or listen to Linda’s works in the following media:
- Author, Another Morning: Voices of Truth and Hope from Mothers with Cancer
(Seal Press, 2006)
Another Morning shows how mothers from different walks of life and stages of illness go on living and raising children in the face of mortality, and how they do so in a culture that denies illness, death and the darker side of motherhood. These women, whose personal histories were recorded by the Mothers’ Living Stories Project, have risen to the challenge of extraordinary circumstances by transforming their terrible experiences with cancer into offerings. They not only wanted to leave a legacy for their children, but through this book also wished to share their hard-won wisdom in order to support other parents facing challenging times. Their stories offer profound life lessons in courage and resilience for all of us.
Another Morning is a wonderful book, a gift of the human spirit in response to great challenge and ultimate concern. — Charles Garfield, PhD, Founder of Shanti, Author, Sometimes My Heart Goes Numb: Love and Caregiving in a Time of AIDSAnother Morning is the best oral history of the experience of cancer that I have ever seen. — Arthur W. Frank, MD, Author, The Renewal of Generosity and The Wounded Storyteller
BUY IT! Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Independent Bookstores
- Contributor, My Words Are Gonna Linger: The Art of Personal History, Edited by Paula Stallings Yost & Pat McNees (Personal History Press, 2009)
is an unblinking,
life-affirming look at
the depths of pain
and the triumph
of love over loss.
— Ira Byock, MD
Articles & Other Writing
- Guided Imagery and Narrative Revision During Life Transitions (Sept. 2011) ImaginNews Journal, Vol. 15, No. 3, p 10
- Personal History as Emotional Insurance, Association of Personal Historians Blog, November 10, 2011 Helping people move past their resistance to leaving a legacy
Editors, publishers & webmasters: You may reprint these articles free of charge if you follow these
Please enjoy these FREE talks by Linda:
- Anything Can Happen: Transition As Transformative Journey, 30-minute Podcast. Lea Bayles, Program Director of Imagery International, talks with Linda about the creative path of life transitions, the value of guided imagery as a transitional tool, and the influence of her work as founder and director of the Mothers Living Stories Project on her current life coaching. August 24, 2013.
- Choose Life! Making the Most of Life Transitions, Personal Theology Seminar, Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley, Sept. 23, 2012
- Ethical Wills: A Tool for Legacy Development and Life Planning, Life Planning Network Teleconference, March 29, 2010 — Public Conference Call Recordings
When you follow the Ethical Wills link:
Enter your Name, email address, and Conference Code 964650
Search by title/keyword: Linda Blachman and enjoy this free teleconference!